Sunday 29 August 2010

Shoes Shoes Shoes!

OK, so I might not have decided on a dress yet, but I have chosen my wedding day shoes! Surely they are more important anyway?

I love shoes - especially really pretty, really high heels. Unfortunately, I can't actually walk in them. I can stand still, looking fabulous, but if I actually need to move I'm buggered.

I knew I wanted purple shoes for my wedding day, and also knew that I would be in extreme pain if I went for the gorgeous 6 inch heels I was lusting after.

So i thought about going in the opposite direction and getting purple converse. What could be more comfotable than converse?

And then I got really excited because I found the converse website, where you can design your own shoes! I spent literally hours choosing the perfect colour combinations - purple converse with lime green stitching and "Mrs W" written down the heel. Amazing - until I realised that they don't ship them outside of America. Bugger.

The more I looked at flat wedding shoes, the more I realised that I wanted to wear heels - they would just have to be small heels. I did find some really lovely flat shoes though -

polyvore
Glitzy n Glamorous


Madaboutshoes.com
But still, my heart skipped a beat when I saw the skyscraper heels - even if my feet did hurt just from looking at them!

DKNY
Style Hive
iOffer
Very.co.uk
eBay
Irregular choice
And I know those last ones are not purple, but how amazing are they???

Anyway, I knew I wouldn't be able to even walk down the aisle in any of those, nevermind stand for photos and walk around all day. So I started looking for a smaller heel and thats when I found "the pair".

Remember the angels singing moment I talked about in the dress post? Well I definitely had that moment with these shoes -

Very.co.uk
Gorgeous, right? The heel is only 2 inches, which I think I'll be able to manage- and I love the T-bar, Mary-Jane style.

very.co.uk


These beauties are from very.co.uk for the bargain price of £39. And, I found a code that gives me £25 off your first order, providing its over £40. So I added the shoes and another cheap pair of trainers to my basket and entered the code to check that it worked. I didn't order them, because they didn't have my size shoe in stock - but the code worked and I got very excited about getting my wedding shoes for only £14.

The next day, my size was back in stock so I went to check out and....the code wouldnt work! Apparently this wasnt my first order! WTF? I'm not sure what happened, since I have never ordered anything from very.co.uk. Maybe just putting something in your basket counts as an order...?

Anyway, I'm not going to be denied my bargain shoes so my mum has offered to set up an account and order the shoes in her name, so that I can use the code.

Don't you just love a bargain?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...