Friday 17 September 2010

'Welcome' Door hangers

I talked about the cottages that we will be staying at for Wedfest in my last post. I was thinking about them, and decided that it would be nice to have something to welcome the guests to the cottages when they arrive.

I have seen some really gorgeous welcome bags and 'Out of Town Guest' welcome packs on the internet - full of homemade cookies and water bottles with personalised labels. I love the idea of making welcome bags/boxes/baskets for everyone, but I would have to make one for everyone, not just the out of town guests. I think they are really thoughtful, but a lot of work. Especially for 34 people. Far too much work, and likely to end up being really expensive. So that idea was out - I needed to think on a smaller scale.

So I was trying to think of something really simple and easy I could do, just to let the guests know that we are happy they are staying with us. I found this blog  a while back and the bride had made door hangers to put on the hotel room doors, which welcome the guests on one side, and say "do not disturb" on the other. How cute?

So anyway, I shamelessly stole the idea and design from her and changed it around a bit to fit our needs.

Here's the design for our door hangers:

The front
The back
I just made a quick template in Powerpoint ( I use powerpoint for most things instead of Word because I find it alot easier to move things around). I took the other brides advice of not having the dotted lines on the back so that you don't have to worry about the lines matching up when you cut them out.

I'm just going to print them out onto lime green card and then cut them out. Hopefully it will be really simple. I'll hang one on each bedroom door, with the welcome side showing and then the guests can either remove them completely, or turn them to the do not disturb side.

I realise that this is one of those projects that is completely unecessary, but I like to think that it's the little things that make a difference.

I also thought that we could have out own door hanger for our room, which would say "Mr and Mrs X's room" on one side and then, on the back:

The back

 I really like these, and I hope the guests will think they are cute and use them. If not, it probably wont take me too long to make them, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if no-one noticed them!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...